Praxis 08 / 29 / 2012
is transmitted primarily by actions by what the common people do and how they go about doing it.
The practices focus on issues of:
- Family structure, status within the family and within the community
- Maintaining cultural integrity in the presence of new or foreign ideas and practices
- The transmission of traditional folklore and practices to the next generation
- Offerings to the kami and the ancestors
- Concerns of purity, taboos to maintain purity, acts and ideas that engender contamination, and the practices to re-establish purity